Summertime is one of the best times to hit the road in your RV, with plenty of summertime road trip ideas to enjoy as a family or even on your own. Summer will be here before we know it, so now is the perfect time to start planning a summertime RVing getaway. If you’re ready to hit the road this summer, check out our favorite warm-weather RVing destinations!
Camping Destinations and Summer RV Trips for Families
RVing is one of the best ways to make lifelong memories as a family, and the summertime is packed with plenty of opportunities to build cherished memories together. Whether you’re enjoying some of the best cross country road trip foods or doing something simple like catching fireflies outside at night, family road trips can be a lasting memory everyone will think of fondly. Of course, there are also some big destinations that the whole family will enjoy and never forget.
Our 6 favorite RV destinations for summertime family camping trips include:
- Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio. This park includes hiking trails, caves, rock formations, and waterfalls.
- Moab, Utah. This town is filled with stunning natural sights including Arches National Park and many additional desert vistas.
- The Great Smoky Mountains. There are many ways to visit the Smoky Mountains, and RVing is one of the best ways to enjoy its incredible scenery.
- Mall of America in Bloomington. The Mall of America is a destination within itself, bringing shopping, an indoor amusement park, aquarium, and more.
- Northern Vermont. While Vermont gets plenty of snow in the winter, it’s a summertime destination with green hills and stunning scenery. Northern Vermont is packed with outdoor fun and delicious destinations like the Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, which offers tours.
- Mammoth Mountian in California. This mountain offers year-round snow-centric activities, including snowboarding and skiing.
These are some of our favorite summertime RV destinations, but there are plenty of other places to visit in the country that bring incredible warm-weather fun. Many state parks make the perfect summertime and COVID vacation, promoting social distancing with plenty of room to enjoy the sights.
Relaxing Summertime RV Destinations
While snowboarding and running through state parks can be exciting, many RVers are looking to relax a little more at their destination. If you’re ready for a lowkey, relaxing summertime RV vacation, we invite you to visit our Tampa RV resort! Staying at an RV resort is one of the best ways to unwind and enjoy RVing with all the comforts of home. RV resorts are perfect to visit in the summer, with amenities like pools, grilling stations, and nearby attractions that are best enjoyed in the warmer weather. Contact us today to learn more!